March 4th, 2018
Start/Finish @ That Luang Grounds
5:00 AM – 08:30 AM
Registration Packet Pick-up
All participants must pick up their race packets at That Luang Grounds before race day. There is NO RACE-DAY REGISTRATION OR PACKET PICKUP, and packets will NOT be mailed. You may pick up packets on behalf of other participants with a copy of the participant’s registration form and copy of the participant’s photo ID.
In Your Registration Packet
- Bib number with gear check tag (emergency contact on back)
- Champion Chip B-Tag® (affixed to back of bib number)
- Safety pins for your bib number and zip tie for the gear check tag
- Race t-shirt*
- Other goodies!
* Participants will only receive the shirt size they selected during registration. If you need to exchange your shirt size, you may do so post-race at the results tent.
What to Know About Your Bib
- You MUST fill in necessary medical information and emergency contacts on the back of your bib number.
- The Champion Chip B-Tag® affixed to the back of your bib is your running timing device for this event. This is a single use bib tag.
- Your bib MUST be clearly visible and worn on the front and outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Do NOT alter, fold, or wrinkle the bib in any way.
- You must securely fasten your bib to the front of your running outfit with the safety pins provided.
- Tags are non-transferable and MUST be worn by only the participant to whom they are assigned.
- Participants MUST cross the start line during the official start time. Participants who begin before the official start or cross after the Champion Chip B-Tag® starting mats have been removed will not receive an official time and therefore be ineligible for any awards.
Participants will receive the Champion Chip B-Tag timing tag with your race bib. The lightweight timing tag stays attached to the back of the race bib throughout the duration of the race. The timing tag precisely records each runner’s clock time and chip time.
- A water station will be set up every 2 KM along the course.
- There will be a checkpoint at the Mercure Hotel as well as at the Landmark Mekong Riverside Hotel.
March is the end of the cool season in Laos. The temperature is expected to be around 20-28°C (80-95°F).
Vientiane International Half Marathon is a mostly flat course with a short 25 degree decline/incline at the beginning/end of the race. The race will start and finish at a well-known Landmark of Laos, the Pha That Luang. The Half Marathon and Quarter Marathon routes will take you through the Vientiane City to the famous Mekong River and back on a quiet Sunday morning. The 5km Fun Run will offer a view of many major landmarks along the course. The number of kilometers will be marked throughout the course.
- Make sure that you have read and understand the Race Rules.
- You will be registered for the race immediately after we receive the appropriate payment in our bank account. Please send us a bank slip if you prefer to pay via bank transfer so we can confirm your registration. Any bank charges incurred by the transfer must be paid by the participants. Entry fees are not deducted from amount remitted (The runner must cover both services fee).
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entry fees are non-transferable to another competitor.
- Entry fees are non-transferable to next year’s competition or other events.
- Change of race distance: If you change to a higher-cost race distance, you are required to pay the difference between your original fee and the higher fee. If you change to a lower-cost race distance, the difference will not be refunded.