Rules and Regulation
- The Vientiane Half Marathon 2018 is organised by Events For Good (EFG) in accordance with these rules and regulations applicable to the participants, which can be found at www.vientianehalfmarathon.com (the Official Website)
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by these rules and regulations
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participant agreed to provide true, accurate , current and complete information about the participant as per registration form.
- Once registration is completed no change to registration detail however (exemption would only be made for crucial detail such as: emergency contact person.
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
- Organizer have all the right to use photos and videos of participants for commercial purposes.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by EFG to ensure the Participants’ safety, the participants takes part in VHM 2016 at his or her own risk. EFG, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are encouraged to go for a medical examination and / or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and / or security officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. The exceptional to this rule is for the 10.5 KM Wheelchair categories where Wheelchairs are allowed. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- EFG reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other media records (including those displaying the participant) of the VHM 2018, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- EFG reserves the right to limit and / or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- EFG reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the participants
- EFG will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race, up to three and the half hours 03:30 Hrs. Beyond 03:30 Hours cut of mark, the road will be re-opened to live traffic. More information will be available on the Official Website through Event handbook.
- The organizers not allowed the competitors in the Half Marathon and Mini Marathon to drink water, mineral water and the other food accept the prepare by VHM racing staff.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the VHM 2016, for any reason whatsoever.
- A participants is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party
- A participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Change of race categories are allowed till 1st February 2016
- To participate in the Half Marathon (21.1 Km) participants must be 16 years or above on the race day
- To participate in Mini Marathon (10.55km) participants must be 12 years or above on the race day.
- Any participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental /guardian consent
and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in person.
- Half Marathon (21.10 KM)
- Mini Marathon (10.55 KM)
- Fun Run (5 Km)
- Each participant is allowed only one prize-money award.
- EFG reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified
- All prize not claimed within (1) month from 4 March 2018 will be forfeited and EFG will be at liberty redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- The “ Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners for all categories.
- Prizes for the Half Marathon (21 km) are:
Women’s General ( 1-5 place )
Men’s General ( 1-5 Place)
- Prizes for the Mini Marathon (10.55KM) are:
Women’ General (1-5Place)
Men’ s General (1-5 Place)
- 1-5 place of each age category will award trophy
Race Entry Pack Collection
- All participants must collect their race entry pack which includes the race bib, timing chip, Event T-shirt, the pre-race registration on 2nd and 3rd March 2018 (10 am to 7 pm) at the Entry Pack Collection Location during the collection period, of which detail will be stated on the Official Website. If participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
- Late collection will not be entertained and EFG shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. Race Entry Pack not collected after the collection date will be deemed as properly of (EFG) the organizer, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in their selected category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their race bib to the organizer
- All participants for the Fun Run (5 km) will received the Certificate upon the presentation of their bib to the organizer
- All participants who successfully complete the race in their category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate will be made available on the official website from 4 March 2018.